Having an interest in cars and aeroplanes since a little kid. I can’t help myself to look at all the cars and aeroplanes whenever possible. Since I’ve expressed my views on recent car designs, maybe I can talk a bit about aeroplanes… I’m just a newbie on this one – well, at least on military aircrafts.
- Senkaku / Diaoyu Islands in dispute with Japan. Meanwhile, silently promoting North Korea to face-off the international community with nuclear missiles. Who needs to develop nuclear weapons when your neighbor can? If anything, just ask your neighbor to fire one and let me scratch your back…
- Latest Chinese passport prints map/region inclusive of South China Sea as China’s region. Faced criticism from S.E. Asia countries. But who cares as being one of world’s dominant power and nation? Just shut-up and follow or else…
- Military base in Qingdao vicinity, northern part of China that covers Russia, North Korea, South Korea, Japan region.
- Why would you put a military base smack in the middle of the capital, Beijing? Therefore, the development of Shanghai with Pudong International Airport (PVG) is that probably the old one, Hongqiao (SHA) would become semi-military base. This would cover the central region of the country.
- As much as Hong Kong is one of the busiest airport in the region with the highest volume. I question when the British suggested the need of a new airport prior to 1997, were there discussions of the Kai Tak Airport to be a domestic airport for flights to/from China and the new HKG International Airport to be international? Well, shall we take a look at the ‘parallel’ runway layout of HKG. ‘ALL’ flights arriving at HKG ‘MUST’ fly to about 6,000-ft. altitude at the designated turn around for final descent, where control tower will then advise the aircraft on runway R or runway L for final approach.
- Of course, the airport max-ed out the number of flights per day because there’s only one path for landing. Hence, there’s a need for a 3rd runway. The 3rd runway will make the airport be wide enough to possibly have another path for landing/take-off. With competitiveness of neighboring S.E. Asia ports such as SIN and BKK – does HK’s own airline (CX/KA) has earnings in recent years that gives the carrier room to further expand it’s fleet with new aircraft leasing and/or purchase? Hence, are you sure that the 3rd runway is built for commercial/passenger use? Or is it a plan to have HKG be multi-use airport with a mix of military? Besides, neighbor city of Guangzhou are now already absorbing international passengers to transit there with lower competitive pricing.
- If that’s the case, then the South China Sea region is well covered with HKG and Hainan Island as semi air force military base with the additional of aircraft carriers 2-3 more to be added to the Chinese Military as mobile air-force base, which will cover the broad span of coastal areas.
- Who the hell cares about the west when there’s a huge range of mountains to ward off unwanted visits through land. Besides, there’s Iran there if there’s anything to fire another nuclear missile. And Russia up north to scratch your back and scratch my back…? So as Pakistan and India?